[gst-devel] Red Hat / Novell / Real announcement

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Mon Jun 28 09:16:03 CEST 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 17:55, Joshua Ginsberg wrote:
> So what happened? I'm just wondering if you guys have some insight I
> don't.

At the moment it seems to just be marketing-speak and it's notable that it's
not mentioned on the Redhat or SUSE sights and the couple of desktop
developers that I talked to at SUSE hadn't heard anything about it.

As things presently stand Helix isn't integrated into either of the two major
desktops and I don't expect that to change in the near future.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this amounted to "Redhat and SUSE agreed to
put Real's stuff on their CDs".

-Scott