[gst-devel] signal in multithreaded program

Frank Cheng frank.cheng at eu.sony.com
Wed Jun 30 03:01:20 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am writing a program to display a piece of video. Gstreamer is used as
the multimedia framework and Gtk is used to make the GUI. I tried a
multithreaded method but got some problems. Please help.

In the main thread, I added a  "filesrc" and a "spider". Then after the
spider, I created another thread, and put a "queue", a  "ffcolorspace"
and a "fakesink".  So I could do the decoder work in the main thread and
the colorspace conversion in the other thread.

To get the data out from this pipeline, I linked a callback function,
which dealt with the video data, to the "handoff" signal of the
fakesink. Note the fakesink is in the new thread.

However, the program never runs. It hangs after the pipeline is built.
It seems that it stayed in the "gst_iterate", but no data is pass
through this fakesink. The callback function has never been called. I
guess the "handoff" signal in the new thread is somehow lost in somewhere.

Please help me.

Cheers,
Frank

This mail or any response may be monitored by Sony United Kingdom Limited. (6)