[gst-devel] ffmpeg troubles

Jan Schmidt thaytan at mad.scientist.com
Tue Mar 2 01:48:05 CET 2004

<quote who="Ronald S. Bultje">
> too early cheering. I've got 2 ffmpeg issues:
>
> 1- gst-libs/ext/ffmpeg/ffmpeg/autogen.sh isn't a+x'ed?
> 2- gst-libs/ext/ffmpeg/ffmpeg/autogen.sh needs to be run after make
> patch but before AC_CONFIG_SUDIRS()...
>
> Anyone know how to do this sanely?

When are you patching the tree? Do you have another construct than the one
in CVS?

When I was playing with CVS earlier, I found that:
a) The code in gst-libs/ext/ffmpeg/Makefile.am for patching the ffmpeg tree
doesn't work for me. I changed it to:
        @for PATCH in $(PATCHES); do \
        patch -p0 -N -r rejects < "$(srcdir)/$$PATCH" || true; \
        done
b) Now, it patches the ffmpeg tree every time I run make... adding a new
copy of the entire configure.ac file (and others) to the end each time.

We need a way to ensure that the ffmpeg tree only gets patched once when it
is checked out.

J.
Jan Schmidt                                  thaytan at mad.scientist.com

ENOSIG