[gst-devel] using video4linux

Patrick R Griffin griffinp at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 3 14:28:10 CET 2004

Hello-
	I'm working on a project at MIT's Computer Science and Artificial
Intelligence Laboratory, and was wondering if I could get some help
using the video 4 linux plugins.  In particular, I'd like to find a way
to capture video from a card and stream it into a pipe or file.  The
formatting at the sink end isn't too important, although frames of raw
RGB would be nice.  The idea would be to then hook the file/pipe output
into a video processing system that we're working on.
	If anyone could help me figure out a gst-launch command or find an
example code snippet, I'd appreciate it.  If you'd like to know a bit
more about the project. the group website is at cag.lcs.mit.edu/raw.

Thanks-
  Patrick Griffin