[gst-devel] totem and osssink? (long)

Martin Soto soto at informatik.uni-kl.de
Fri Mar 12 14:07:08 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 15:37, Bultje, R.S. wrote:
> Syncing should be automatic, also in gst-launch and so on. That's the
> case now, too. The trick is to automatically get them to re-sync after
> a change-of-time. Maybe we need a new event? :).

Hmm, actually the idea of having an explicit synchronization API doesn't
force us to make sync less "automatic". It is just that we provide a way
to hand tailor what the core does automatically anyway. The core could
keep automating the synchronization by making the right sync API calls,
if not instructed otherwise. On the other hand, I'm convinced that some
application really need to specify a more complex synchronization than
what the core can figure out by itself.

M. S.
--
Martin Soto <soto at informatik.uni-kl.de>