[gst-devel] amarok

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Mar 16 07:58:01 CET 2004

Quoting Christian Schaller <uraeus at linuxrising.org>:

> This argument has never made any sense to me, why do we need to have
> internal competition when Microsoft and Apple provide us with such?
> Doesn't beating M$ and Apple give us more than enough competition as it
> is?

We already beat them. We're more open, we're the only framework to run on
Linux and they certainly don't beat us anywhere.
And I certainly can't look at how they did stuff, because I don't have the
code.
I feel a bit like argumenting why Airbus is a competitor for Volvo.

XFree did stagnate even though there's Cocoa or GDI+.

Benjamin