[gst-devel] gst-monkeysaudio

Jérémy Simon jesimon at libertysurf.fr
Wed Mar 17 10:44:03 CET 2004

> I have done some fixups to the gst-monkeysaudio module and would like to
> do a release some time soon for 0.8.0
>
> Jeremy, it seems that the encoder was removed, according to CVS, but
> there's no ChangeLog entry.  Why was it removed exactly ?

  We talked about that with Christian on irc. We think that we shouldn't
provide a MonkeysAudio encoder because it's no free. People can use it
to move their audio library to flac for example (same idea as the
shorten plugin)

> Do you think it's in a releasable state at the moment ? Do you have some
> .ape files we can add to the media test dir ? I'm unable to test the
> code right now :)

  It still needs some love : error handling, port tag extraction to new
system maybe ... And i didn't test it with gst-player ;)
  I'll send you a short test file.

--
Jeremy