[gst-devel] thoughts on extradata

Bultje, R.S. R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl
Thu Mar 18 07:02:08 CET 2004

> > Anyway, let's add important atoms/data as their atom name in caps,
> > so 'stsd_data' or 'esds_data' (each of type GST_TYPE_BUFFER). Anyone
> > against?
> >
> If there's a defined behaviour for that regarding intersections/fixating etc
> and tests for it in gstreamer/testsuite/caps/, I'm ok with it.
> If there's not, I fear the undefined behaviour.
>
> Oh, are there formats with extradata that can be put in AVI and QT?

Sorensen-3 (stsd), MPEG-4 video/audio (esds). Maybe more...

Behaviour should be "sink pad receives it if source pad provides it; it is always optional (even though things might not work without ;) ); sink or source pad template may never enlist it since it is optional; if the property is provided by the source pad, it should always do so fixed".

That way, the whole fixation process will not apply here.

Ronald