[gst-devel] Two issues with gstreamer 0.8.0

W. Michael Petullo mike at flyn.org
Sun Mar 21 13:37:04 CET 2004

I am having two problems with gstreamer 0.8.0.  I will be happy to make
bugzilla reports but wanted to check to see if I'm missing something
obvious first.  I am using Linux/PPC.

1.  QuickTime audio does not seem to want to work.  Here are some attempts
at playing a QuickTime stream with jpeg video and twos audio (the video
stream plays fine):

Going directly into osssink:
[mike at imp testmedia]$ gst-launch filesrc location=50th_anniversary.mov ! qtdemux name=demux .video_00 ! { queue ! jpegdec ! ffcolorspace ! ximagesink } demux.audio_00 ! { queue ! osssink }
RUNNING pipeline ...
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/thread1/osssink0: Internal GStreamer error: negotiation problem.  File a bug.
Additional debug info:
gstosssink.c(388): gst_osssink_chain: /pipeline0/thread1/osssink0:
format wasn't negotiated before chain function
Broken pipe

Trying audioconvert:
[mike at imp testmedia]$ gst-launch filesrc location=50th_anniversary.mov ! qtdemux name=demux .video_00 ! { queue ! jpegdec ! ffcolorspace ! ximagesink } demux.audio_00 ! { queue ! audioconvert ! osssink }
RUNNING pipeline ...
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/thread1/audioconvert0: Internal GStreamer error: negotiation problem.  File a bug.
Additional debug info:
gstaudioconvert.c(242): gst_audio_convert_chain: /pipeline0/thread1/audioconvert0:
Sink pad not negotiated before chain function
Broken pipe

Trying spider:
[mike at imp testmedia]$ gst-launch filesrc location=50th_anniversary.mov ! qtdemux name=demux .video_00 ! { queue ! jpegdec ! ffcolorspace ! ximagesink } demux.audio_00 ! { queue ! spider ! osssink }
RUNNING pipeline ...
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/thread1/spider0/sink_ident: Could not determine type of stream.
Broken pipe

2.  The mpeg2dec plugin does not seem to want to register.  I have built
libgstmpeg2dec.so and installed it.  However, gst-register does not seem
to recognize it.  All of the other plugins I built are recognized fine.

--
Mike

:wq