[gst-devel] DVD Events

Jan Schmidt thaytan at mad.scientist.com
Mon Mar 22 16:34:02 CET 2004

<quote who="Martin Soto">
> decoder (dxr3spusink) elements. The upcoming software SPU decoder
> (hopefully Jan has found some time to work on it) should understand the
> same set of events, maybe with certain adjustments, since we still don't
> know if the current events are really general/adequate enough. In any
> case, I'll adapt dxr3spusink to work with whatever we decide at the end.

This decoder is almost back to where I had it before, and the events so far
are perfectly adequate.

Left to do:
  Implement lipping to the current menu highlight.
  Fix decoding of the colour LUT so the subtitles draw in the
    correct colours
  Still frames
  Convert mpeg2subt to a loop-based element
  Figure out how we get gstplay to build the pipeline so that it includes
    mpeg2subt at the end

More general to do:
  Aspect ratio handling so MPEGs are displayed with the correct pixel ratio.

J.
Jan Schmidt                                  thaytan at mad.scientist.com

Open Source Software: Free as in Free Speech, not Free Beer