[gst-devel] DVD Events

Martin Soto soto at informatik.uni-kl.de
Wed Mar 24 07:11:17 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 19:13, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> In the future (read: 0.9) there will only be what you call "navigation
> events". The reason: It makes events serializable. Events will be
> differentiated by the structure's name. So the eos event will contain a
> structure = gst_structure_new ("eos", NULL); for example.
> Any new event should follow that already, so we don't need to fix that
> much later on.
> The enum should be completely ignored for all structure related events.
> But to make it fit with the enum name, you can add
> #define GST_EVENT_ANY GST_EVENT_NAVIGATION
> below the enum :)

So, I will add a GST_EVENT_ANY define to gstevent.h and use that instead
GST_EVENT_DVD. I'll also add a dvd- prefix to the names of our events to
prevent confusion, i. e. dvd-spu-clut-change instead of just
spu-clut-change. Any problems with that?

M. S.
--
Martin Soto <soto at informatik.uni-kl.de>
Universität Kaiserslautern