[gst-devel] ffmpegcolorspace/ffcolorspace

Ronald S. Bultje R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl
Sun May 2 12:14:00 CEST 2004

Hi Johan,

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 15:29, Johan Dahlin wrote:
> Today we have two different ffmpeg based colorspace elements, one in
> gst-ffmpeg called ffcolorspace and another one in gst-plugins called
> gstmpegcolorspace. Their functionallity are equal (according to thomas).
>
> So, why don't we just remove the one in gst-ffmpeg and keeps the one in
> gst-plugins (and maybe rename it to ffcolorspace or just colorspace)

Several reasons, some historical, some logical:
* gst-ffmpeg is where all our ffmpeg plugins reside. I don't feel like
"moving" the "legally ok" stuff out of it and maintain it separately,
because that's what we're currently doing here. the only reason that we
separated it is "because it's better than others" and "because we need
this functionality in gst-plugins". It just doesn't feel right to me.
* ffmpegcolorspace uses no optimizations, ffcolorspace does.

Ronald