[gst-devel] Gst# + patch

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Mon May 3 10:59:00 CEST 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 07:11:24PM +0200, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Owen Fraser-Green wrote:
> > 2. The fixate signal in GstPad used the signal's own function
> > declaration in the signal declarations as a shortcut. I've made the
> > declaration explicit in keeping with all the other signal declarations.
> >
> If that has the same prototype, it's ok. But you renamed the structure
> member from "appfixatefunc" to "fixate", which is a nono wrt API/ABI
> stability.

appfixatefunc is private, so we can change the name.  It's not
_documented_ to be private, but the careful reader should be able
to figure it out.  Still, it sounds like a bug in GAPI to depend
on a private structure field.

> GstQueue shouldn't be included in gst.h - I'm still htting my head about
> the fact that it's installed.

GstQueue is meant to be subclassed, which is also why it's not in
elements/.  It's not appropriate for gst.h, though.

dave...