[gst-devel] Gstreamer gtk widget

Ronald S. Bultje R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl
Tue May 4 07:01:05 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 19:36, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
> ¿is there any set of widgets to work with gstreamer in Gtk+?
> ¿in that case, there are python bindings for it?

You can use standard widgets, and you can use GStreamer's interfaces
(gst-plugins/gst-libs/gst/) to embed functionalities in it such as an
X-video-window or an audio mixer. There is some (slow, low-priority)
ongoing work to make pre-made widgets for those (in gst-sandbox), but
those aren't finished yet and have no bindings.

As far as I know, the interfaces have python bindings (Johan?) so that's
probably the easiest way to go. The docs or sample code should explain
how they work.

Ronald