[gst-devel] Re: Native Win32 build of GStreamer 0.8.1

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Thu May 6 07:45:04 CEST 2004

Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> I'd prefer to get things moving on.
>
> On the other hand, I see no reason at all on why you would want the
> whole team to wait on a sign of life.  We both know that both teams want
> this port to work well.  The *only* reasons for stalling the actual
> merging of the patch are technical ones.

I'll be working on it tomorrow full time. So expect some signs of life
;) And all the stuff I want to add will be in the /win32 dir that I will
maintain for each release (if you agree).

> In the worst case, we're assholes, we are jerking you around, and then
> you can still fork and use your patches :) So I see no reasons for you
> guys to wait on any of the other stuff you'll need to do in the end
> anyway.

That's still one possibility. Because anyway I think I will have to make
a .zip of the sources if you don't want the pre-generated files in your
CVS for win32 (.h.win32 and .c.win32 files and the .def files).

> Just to put your worries at rest, we're great guys, we're not jerking
> you around, and there's no need to fork.  Merging ideologies just takes
> some time, and you shouldn't block on a technical level when there are
> no technical blockers...

Yes, the only problem here is that everyone is waiting to be able to get
their (dirty) hands on some working code with the tools we love to use.

:)