[gst-devel] Re: Native Win32 build of GStreamer 0.8.1

Marc VanDaele Marc_VanDaele at Jabil.com
Fri May 7 04:37:21 CEST 2004

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, I still face some problems.

I did the following
1. while unzipping gstreamer-0.8.1.tar.gz, I ran into some 'duplicate' files
like GstTag.sgml and gsttag.sgml which only differ by case
2. next I unzipped glib-2.4.1.tar.gz and tried ./configure;
after adding the environment variables of vcvars32.bat, this ended with
	checking for pkg-config... no
	configure: error: *** pkg-config not found. See
http://www.freedesktop.org/softw
	are/pkgconfig/

3. next I installed pkg-config (0.15.0) [which contains glib-1.2.8?] and
tried ./configure
This complained about no cc or ld and after copying cl.exe to cc.exe and
link.exe to ld.exe
this ended with
	checking for non-GNU ld... no
	configure: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH
	configure: error: ./configure failed for glib-1.2.8
so I assume this glib-1.2.8 needs a gnu compatible ld?

Any help appreciated.

Marc