[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] wtay gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ gst-plugins/ext/theora/

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Fri May 7 08:06:08 CEST 2004

Quoting Wim Taymans <wim at fluendo.com>:

> It encodes to a raw theora stream. I'm writing an ogg muxer as we speak
> (taking your avimux as an example actually). I've also rewritten the
> vorbis encoder so it doesn't mux into ogg anymore. I can't release that
> yet as some gnome program depends on the ogg muxing inside vorbisenc.
> I'm going to make a temporary rawvorbisenc element that doesn't do
> muxing, then rewrite vorbisenc to make it use the rawvorbisenc and ogg
> muxer to make it backwards compatible. Stay tuned :)

Two thoughts that occured to me:
1) Ranks aren't used for encoders yet because that would break spider, right?
Otherwise I'd suggest upping the ranks for your plugins and setting vorbisenc
to GST_RANK_NONE.
2) Could you put a note in docs/random/ds/0.9-suggested-changes about removing
that plugin and add a /* FIXME 0.9: remove vorbisenc */ to the vorbis
plugin_init?

Benjamin