[gst-devel] tcp elements

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue May 11 09:04:03 CEST 2004

> I hereby want to vote in favour of this: don't do any odd stuff. TCP
> elements just transfer data, period. If you want to outlint the data,
> write parsers. If you want to keep buffer state, write protocol elements
> on top of the raw TCP data elements. That's how this is supposed to work.

Sadly I don't think the last thing you said is possible currently.
AFAIK a pipeline needs to have fixated all pads before data can flow,
so  the element that decodes the protocol after receiving it from a
tcpsrc cannot get the data needed to set caps until after caps nego.

Thomas

her warm white belly
in the life I'd lived
had seen nothing finer