[gst-devel] addition of a buffer flag

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed May 12 07:17:00 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 16:14, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can't the mux rsimply extract this data from the packets directly?

Not if the muxer is supposed to be codec-agnostic.

> Note
> that other codecs use the GstCaps property 'codec_data' for this.

Hm, that sounds like a bad way to do that, especially given that the
header is actually something that needs to end up in the stream as well
to work well.  Ie, consider the case where you encode to a file; you
don't have to write special code to make it work, it just works.

Adding a caps property that really is a blob of binary data seems like a
bad solution to this problem.  How is your codec_data serialized to a
string when it's part of GstCaps ? can you give me an example ?

Thomas

Goodbye
I've finally arrived