[gst-devel] gstreamer-section.txt cleanup

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed May 19 02:21:10 CEST 2004

Hey Stefan,

> currently gtk-doc reports
> 66% symbol docs coverage
> 942 symbols documented
> 488 not documented
>
> among those 488 are things like
> GST_OBJECT_CLASS

hm, might be due to something I removed; maybe check the history to see
if I didn't do anything stupid at some point.

> I have looked how glib and gtk handled the standard gobject stuff.
> They usually put them to the <SUBSECTION Standard>. This ensures that the
> hierarchy work, but does not put the symbol into the documentation (and
> therefore does not warn).

Great.

> 1.) I would like to add some guidelines to the README in docs/

Go ahead ! Also merge in whatever might still be useful from
docs/random/thomasvs/docreview.

> 2.) I volunteer to cleanup the gstreamer-sections.txt a bit

Sounds great - please check with me on some of the more invasive changes
you are going to make.

I'm currently cleaning up the gstreamer-libs docs too.

Thomas

If you want love
we'll make it