[gst-devel] Re: DirectShow conversion to Gstreamer

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Nov 2 02:19:48 CET 2004

Hi Chrstian,

> It appears to me like you are trying hard to not the world know there is
> one. Maybe because you are afraid of bad reactions from the Linux side ?
> Am i getting paranoid ?

Yes, you are paranoid.

> Guys, to make this clear one and for all time :

Christian, to make this clear once and for all:

YOU AND YOUR TEAM are "GStreamer on Windows".  You are part of the
GStreamer team, and you're part of the part that makes it happen on
Windows.  If our site doesn't mention enough of what you want, it's YOUR
fault.  Poke us politely in IRC or wherever and contribute information
we can host.  Every piece of info on our website is contributed by
people giving information about their piece of the puzzle.

The Windows piece is yours and Steve's.  period.  Childish complaining
on mailing lists isn't going to help :) Because you're complaining about
yourself.

I'm sorry for stating it this bluntly, but I want to make sure that this
time I really do get the point across that I've tried to make to you
over and over again.

So, again - if you contribute the info, do the suggestions, submit the
patches to the web module, whatever, then it will show up there.  If you
don't - it's not.

Again - none of us have Windows experience and are able to produce
useful information.  We've plugged you in the release notes, in lots of
comments, in anything PR-related about GStreamer, yet still you
complain.  Please realize that it is YOU who will make it happen, since
YOU know about what's going on.

Seriously, I can't understand how you keep asking us how the Windows
port is going, it should be you who's answering, since you're the PR
department of the Windows GStreamer/Matroska world.

PLEASE START SUBMITTING INFO.

Thomas

Excuse me I must have mistaken you
for someone who gave a damn