[gst-devel] DVD Audio / Video sync question

Rob Roland rob.roland at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 22:37:09 CET 2004

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to using GStreamer, but I really like it so far!  I've
managed to figure out the right launcher string to playback a DVD, but
I can't figure out how to get the audio and video in sync.

Here's the launch string I'm using:

gst-launch  dvdnavsrc location=/dev/dvd title=3 chapter=1 angle=1 !
dvddemux sync=true name=demux .audio_00 ! { queue ! a52dec !
audioconvert ! artsdsink } { demux.video_00 ! queue ! mpeg2dec !
ffcolorspace ! xvimagesink }

The playback is a little choppy and my audio is about 1 second lagged
from the video.

I was really impressed with the gst-java bindings so far, and I'm
looking forward to submitting patches for them as I get further along
with my project.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

   - Rob