[gst-devel] [Fwd: RE: Open Source Licensing]

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at linuxrising.org
Mon Oct 4 06:39:46 CEST 2004

Hi,
After sending this to Bastien and Walters and now Iain I decided it was
of course of wider interest. Over the last 6 months we discussed the
implications for distributions to ship LGPL GStreamer with some
proprietary plugins and GPL applications. This example from Lawrence
Rosen shows how application developers can solve this by adding a
statement clarifying their reading of the GPL.

So anyone who are writing GStreamer applications, and are using the GPL,
yet do not mind distributions shipping the combination I mentioned above
can look at this for a solution on how to solve it without relicensing.

Sincerely,
Christian