[gst-devel] Questions about video plugins

Joshua Pollak jpollak at cra.com
Fri Oct 22 09:10:33 CEST 2004

On Oct 22, 2004, at 7:48 AM, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:

> Hi Joshua,
> No we doesn't support libdc1394 plugin currently. We would of course be
> very happy if you wrote one though :)

I'm not beyond doing this, however I've never worked with libdc1394 OR
made a GStreamer plugin. How would I get started with plugin
development?

Is it possible to get buffer data without writing a custom plugin?
Something akin to the DirectShow "Sample Grabber Filter", which lets
you specify a callback?