[gst-devel] Questions about video plugins

Joshua Pollak jpollak at cra.com
Fri Oct 22 09:10:37 CEST 2004

On Oct 22, 2004, at 10:00 AM, daniel fischer wrote:

> Joshua Pollak <jpollak at cra.com> (on Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:19:13 -0400):
>
>> I am trying to write an interface to GStreamer for the cross platform
>> computer vision library I work on.
>
> wohoo. what's that library?

Its called VisionKit. Unfortunately, (my opinion, obviously my company
would disagree) its a commercial effort, though a few of us believe we
can convince them to release the base modules (image capture, etc) for
free, possibly under the LGPL.

Here is the marketing speak URL:

http://www.cra.com/commercial-products-services/computer-vision-
components.asp

> i'd like to point you to an effort of mine of integrating OpenCV (and
> more) with GStreamer. It's not in a clean state currently (i'll have
> to make 3 or more packages out of it), but i'd gladly help getting it
> up to speed if anyone cares.
>
> http://subsignal.org/pakt/experimental/warsaw-0.0.10.tar.gz

Cool. I will check it out.