[gst-devel] gst_debug_category_set_threshold_for_name

Jan Schmidt thaytan at mad.scientist.com
Mon Oct 25 16:09:02 CEST 2004

<quote who="Stefan Kost">
> while searchih for how I can raise the debug threshold for gst-categories from
> my application (unit tests), I came across
> gst_debug_category_set_threshold_for_name() and others which are defined to /*
> NOP */ in gstinfo.h.

They're only NOP is GST_DISABLE_GST_DEBUG is defined. If it isn't, the
functions prototypes are included above there:

void            gst_debug_set_threshold_for_name (const gchar *         name,
                                                 GstDebugLevel          level);
void            gst_debug_unset_threshold_for_name (const gchar *       name);

The function bodies are in gstinfo.c, again when GST_DISABLE_GST_DEBUG is not defined.

> It needs to be fixed, as they appear in the reperence docs as undocumented
> symbols and they look promissing for doing
> gst_debug_category_set_threshold_for_name("gst*",GST_LEVEL_DEBUG);

Yes, that should work fine, although there's no categories that match here, "GST_*" would work better.

J.
Jan Schmidt                                  thaytan at mad.scientist.com

"Don't Panic" -- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy