Ronald S. Bultje
rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Sep 1 14:36:05 CEST 2004
had a look at playbin for non-obvious reasons. I have some questions and
since Wim is never online on IRC, I hope to get some answers here. ;).
* why is it a separate class? Why not boxed or just a struct or so in
* why is it needed at all? What does it add?
* should this be an application class or a library class? Specifically,
because we set audio/video sinks in it, which might depend on the
application in use.
* should the uri property become an implementation of the uri interface
* streaminfo: see above.
* what's the scheduler stuff in change_state()?
* please do pad templates and klass details in base_init().
* factory_filters(): how about parsers (mpeg video/audio only, ac3, ...)
or conversions (yuv with a rgb-only videosink?).
* should type-not-found be an error?
* if not, should we distinguish between "could not determine type" and
"could not find a plugin to handle type"?
* nice FIXME in line 407. Seems to make the threaded property in
playbasebin unneeded. I like the idea (but it obviously needs work).
* please comment your code!
* don't rely too much on mimetypes.
* how about no-raw decoding, such as dxr3/zoran video output?
* is there pathfinding? How is infinite looping detected? Is there early
I also intend to have a similar look at gst-autoplug and see which
approach I like better. I might even merge interesting ideas from one to
the other or the other way around.
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>
More information about the gstreamer-devel