[gst-devel] another enum candidate : GST_VALUE_{LESS_THAN,EQUAL,GREATER?THAN,UNORDERED} ?

Stefan Kost kost at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Fri Sep 3 08:58:40 CEST 2004

Okay more to it,

it is better because it can be properly documented then (as these values are
states of one and the same thing). The other obvious advantages are that one
gets compiler warning when cut-copy-pasting wrong contants as enums can be
checked by the compiler.

About the API thing, I don't regard this as an API/ABI change. It's just that
afterwards we have for constants instreat of four macros.
The worst thing that can happen is a warning - anyway I just tested it in a
small program and gcc does not complain.

Stefan Kost wrote:
> While I am at it,
> I would like to make these an enum as well. Anything against it?
>
> Ciao
>   Stefan

Ciao
  Stefan