[gst-devel] The Future of RTP

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sun Apr 3 12:25:05 CEST 2005

Hi Zeeshan,

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 20:46, Zeeshan Ali wrote:
> My idea was/is to leave the RTCP part to the the app. providing
> appropriate signals in the RTP packet parsing elements.

All this is OK, but one condition: RTP streaming in totem just works. I
don't care how or what or why or when, but in the end, totem should be
able to open rtp://something if I click on such a link on a website and
it should just work.

> Having said that, I might start to work full-time on RTP if i get this
> job I am quite hopeful about.

Good luck, I hope you'll get it.

Semi-related, can you take care of all RTP- (or even RTSP-)related
patches/bugs in bugzilla? There's about 3 or 4 of them, and unless
someone knowledgeable and caring looks at them, they will sit there
forever.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>