[gst-devel] Multiple Video Output

Will wjr at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Mon Apr 4 05:26:26 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am using gstreamer to build a video processing system as part of my
phd. I am writing a collection of plugins to perform background
subtraction on a video stream from a static camera.

I need to be able to display more than one video output stream in a
given pipeline; The ability to manipulate each output using the xoverlay
interface would be extremely useful.

If I create a pipeline with, for example, more than one sdlvideosink or
xvimagesink only one gets created on the screen.

I was going to extend sdlvideosink to be able to handle more than one
instance, however looking at the sdl docs it seems this is a limitation
of sdl anyway.

My next plan was to dissect the aldegonde source and create something
from that, however a quick test has taught me that when I try and run a
gstreamer pipeline from a test app and aldegonde simultaneously I get a
'Resource busy or not available' error dialog. (Or the test app stalls
stalls creating the output window in the case when I run it after
aldegonde). I think this is because it cannot create an second
xvimagesink to use as through the xoverlay interface.

Does this mean that I will be unable to output more than one video
stream using a given output subsystem in gstreamer?

Does anyone know or a way I can get the result I require?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Will