[gst-devel] Flushing the alsasink buffer / Seek accuracy

Christophe Fergeau teuf at gnome.org
Thu Apr 7 23:59:03 CEST 2005

Le jeudi 07 avril 2005 à 22:44 +0100, Matt Morten a écrit :
> Secondly, it seems the seek isnt as accurate as I had hoped. What
> would be the best way to seek to a position with the greatest degree
> of accuracy?

If you are using a cbr mp3, seeking can be done accurately, if it's not
accurate enough for you, it's probably fixable quite easily by looking
at the code ;)
For VBR mp3s, things are trickier, but most vbr mp3s embed a seek table
I think to allow for more accurate seeking, and last time I looked at
gstreamer code, this table wasn't used by gstreamer... Reading this
table would help with seeking accuracy, but I dunno if that would be
accurate enough for your needs ;)

Hope that helps,

Christophe