[gst-devel] gst-ffmpeg vs ffmpeg (Some profile data)

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Apr 20 00:22:21 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 21:51, Jaap Haitsma wrote:
> Ronald/Bastien, don't you see the differences in performance if you play
> an mpeg or h264 file with gstreamer or ffplay?

In short: barely. I see a +/- 10-20% increase (so if mplayer eats 50%,
we eat 55-60%) for MPEG-4 files (my primary test). Then again, I use
current CVS rather than releases; CVS has had some performance
enhancements (and is still getting more performance attention), so this
is pretty much impossible to compare.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>