[gst-devel] Signals in GStreamer ???

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Wed Apr 20 17:58:27 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 10:02:23AM +0200, Jérôme Patey wrote:
> ARM puts 4 parameters in the registers, but if there are 5 parameters,
> then the stack is used ... and if nobody removes the parameters from the
> stack, it will certainly crash...

The compiler that I use restores the stack after calling a
function with a large number of parameters.  I'd be very surprised
to see a C ABI definied any differently (except in special
circumstances), since correct behavior in this situation is
mandated by the C standard, as well as the need to maintain
compatibility with non-prototyped (pre-C89) code.

dave...

--
David Schleef
Big Kitten LLC (http://www.bigkitten.com/) -- data acquisition on Linux