[gst-devel] Bug? and a question...

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Apr 22 00:07:18 CEST 2005

Hi Nathaniel,

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 03:13, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> When a stream connectivity stops, the player sucessfully leaves
> gst_main() but hangs on stopping the playback. ie:
[..]
>   /* Stop playing */
>   g_print("We get here fine...\n");
>   gst_element_set_state (play, GST_STATE_NULL);
>   g_print("We never get here!\n");

Which source do you use? If you use playbin, which URI do you use?

> Second, I get tags fine from local files (ie. an ogg) with my code.
> However, whenever I connect to a shoutcast stream, I get no tags.  How
> can I fix this?  There definately are tags in the stream (Xine, MPlayer,
> etc pick them up fine).

Assuming you mean mp3 radio, yes, indeed, those are hardcoded in
gnomevfssrc, you need to set iradio=TRUE to enable parsing them. They
were never added to their own element, and are thus not autoplugged.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>