[gst-devel] problem using ossink with intel 82801 sound card

alexandre alison aalison at kontronmedical.ch
Wed Apr 27 02:54:02 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have installed Fedora Core 3 on an Intel 915 GEV motherboard. This
card includes an integrated 82801 sound card.

"gst-launch sinesrc ! osssink" produces on such configuration a noisy
sound. I try to update gstreamer (0.8.9), gst-plugins(0.8.8), alsa
(1.0.9rc2) but sound is always noisy. I also tried to modify osssink
parameters but nothing worked.

"gst-launch sinesrc ! alsasink" produces a good sound.

Has somebody an idea to solve the problem ??   (other than using an
alsasink rather than a ossink: I must use an osssink in my application)

Thanks a lot

Alexandre Alison