[gst-devel] problem in using the gst thread and pthread simultaneouslty

Pankaj GOYAL pankaj.goyal at st.com
Wed Apr 27 21:13:03 CEST 2005

HI,
        I m making two pipeline(shown below) and running the two pipelines
as different gstremer threads (using the gst_thread_new ) in an
apllication.And in addition to that i m using the another pthread in the
same application , which is prompting the user to close the apllication when
he/she desire.Now the the problem is that my application gives segmentation
fault after some time.After some hit and trial I found out that if i remove
the pthread from my application and let it run infinitly then there is no
segmentation fault. Is there any such problem that we can not use the
gstreamer pipeline using the thread simultaneously with the pthread. Can any
one please tell me the how the gstremer thread works

The description of the pipepline is as

pipeline1 is  mysoundsource  ! myencoder ! fakesink
pipeline2 is  fakesrc  ! mytestdecoder ! mysoundsink

Regards
pankaj