[gst-devel] element documentation

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Aug 5 16:46:07 CEST 2005

> I worked a little on some ideas for generating documentation for
> elements, as has been discussed various times in the past.

To give an idea of what's there and what we could do:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gst-plugins-base/head/plugins/html/

I've handcoded a little docbook that shows how we could include
additional data in the long description (see multifdsink), and how we
could add separate per-plugin documentation and link from plugins to
elements in the plugin and back.

Thomas

You're gonna melt all the ice in our heads
There'll be no more crying
You're gonna make it all better instead