[gst-devel] various 0.9 questions

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sun Aug 14 13:08:13 CEST 2005

hi all,

I've started to port my buzz-machine wrapper to 0.9. While doing that I
stumbled across several (maybe comsmetic issues).

1.) Why is GST_PADDING in gst/gstconfig.h.in ?
/***** default padding of structures *****/
#define GST_PADDING        4
#define GST_PADDING_INIT    {0}

I'd like to move this out (e.g. gst/gst.h) and either
1a) document it or
1b) tell gtk-doc that it is private

While we're at it, whats about all the GST_DISABLE_XXX defines. Are they
of any interest for the developer (apart core). Should they get an
onliner doc comment or be made private?

2.) gst-plugins-base/gst/sine/gstsinesrc.c
static GstFlowReturn
gst_sinesrc_create (GstBaseSrc * basesrc, guint64 offset,
    guint length, GstBuffer ** buffer)

Shouldn't it be GstClockTime offset ?

3.) GstMiniObject needs docs.
Some quick pointers in PWGs Porting sectionb of what to check if one was
using GstData before would be nice.

4.) marking new or changed stuff
Speaking of docs. New or changed API should have:
* Since: 0.9
as part of the docs. This will result in an extra index of these symbols.

Stefan

PS.:
Attached is the current list of undocumented or incomplete api entries,
for those who don't build the docs.
If one has any problems with gtkdoc please ask!