[gst-devel] recording & watching tv

berti bertrand.haut at brutele.be
Thu Aug 18 12:13:57 CEST 2005

I've a problem trying to record a video and watching it. If I directly watch
the TV using

gst-launch-0.8 v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! video/x-raw-yuv ! deinterlace !
video/x-raw-yuv, format:fourcc=YUY2 ! xvimagesink

The image is OK. If I try to record it

gst-launch-0.8 v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! video/x-raw-yuv ! deinterlace !
video/x-raw-yuv, format:fourcc=YUY2 ! filesink location=test.raw

and watch it back

gst-launch-0.8 filesrc location=test.raw  ! video/x-raw-yuv,
format:fourcc=YUY2 ! xvimagesink

I see only a green square.

Does somebody have an idea of the problem ? I had supposed that the two
methods should have produced the same result.
--
Berti
ICQ 48978874