[gst-devel] problem with gst-editor

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Fri Aug 19 01:32:03 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 14:38 +0530, soma dutta banik wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
> I ve tried to implement a very simple pipeline e.g.
> gst-lauch filesrc location=/home/test.mp3 ! mad ! osssink
> I can add filesrc with mad nd mad with osssink....but how can I give
> the location/ src file name to the pipeline?
> pls help me...nd pls tell me how can  I make the pipeline working?

You can open gst-editor with an existing parse launch pipeline 2 ways:
1) Use the -l command-line switch and supply a gst-launch pipeline
string: gst-editor -l filesrc location=/home/test.mp3 ! mad ! osssink
2) In gst-editor use the "File->New->New from pipeline description" menu
option and enter the pipeline description into the dialog box.

To modify properties on elements (such as location) from within
gst-editor, view the Element Inspector from the View menu. When you
select an element in the graph window, the element inspector shows the
available properties and lets you edit them. Note that some changes to
properties of elements, such as location for filesrc, only take effect
when the element next goes through the NULL->READY state transition.

Cheers,
Jan.
--
Jan Schmidt <thaytan at noraisin.net>