[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] thomasvs common: common/

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Aug 22 02:12:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

> On the other hand we can use valgrind client requests in the tests.
> 1.  check if valgrind.h is found
> 2. include valgrind.h and memcheck.h
> 3. use VALGRIND_COUNT_ERRORS in start and end of unit-tests to see if there
>     have been errors
> 4. use VALGRIND_DO_LEAK_CHECK and VALGRIND_COUNT_LEAKS for each unit-test

I thought about doing that, but I want to avoid that if possible.  I
don't want to add additional code to the tests unless it can be
abstracted nicely; I want the same chunk of code to be run.

Anyway, I'm happy for now with how we're doing it, I'll think about
doing the other approach if I need it for something later on.

Thomas

Put something real to me