[gst-devel] new plugin unusable in gstreamer application

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Mon Aug 22 13:03:10 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 21:13 +0200, berti wrote:
> berti at neptune:~$ gst-inspect-0.8 unDiscret
> Plugin Details:
>   Name:         unDiscret
>   Filename:     /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.8/libgstundiscret.so
>   Version:      0.1.1.1
>   License:      LGPL
>   Package:      GStreamer
>   Origin URL:   http://gstreamer.net/
>
>   plugin: unDiscret Plugin
>
>   1 features:
>   +-- 1 elements

This gst-inspect is the plugin file itself, not the element that the
plugin registered. It registered 1 element, apparently, but we can't
tell the name it's been registered as - take a look at the
gst_element_register line in your plugin - that's the name you need to
use when inspecting the element.

J.
--
Jan Schmidt <thaytan at noraisin.net>