[gst-devel] trying to build on windows ...

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Aug 24 02:41:29 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 11:21 +0200, Sébastien Moutte wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to build cvs version of gstreamer on windows. I've gotten the
> source using :
> cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/gstreamer co gstreamer
>
> The problem is that some source files are missing like gst/gstcpu.c,
> gst/gstdata.c ....
> is there anything to do to get these source files with cvs ?

In 0.9, nobody has updated the windows build files.  files that are
missing from the build really are gone, never to return.  So the project
files need to be updated to reflect the current state.

It'd be nice if someone wrote an automake->visual studio build
transformer, but until that time, we need someone who will give the
windows build the necessary updates each step along the way...

Thomas

Excuse me I must have mistaken you
for someone who gave a damn