[gst-devel] trying to build on windows ...

Michal Benes michal.benes at xeris.cz
Wed Aug 24 02:50:28 CEST 2005

Hi Sebastien,

	I have been working on the 0.8 port last month. We plan to move to 0.9
soon.

	What Makefiles do you use? If you are using the Makefiles or vcproj
from win32 directory, they will not work, they were created for 0.8
version and directory structure has changed since then.

	Better way will probably be to use autoconf/automake generated
Makefiles. We have prepared a HOWTO for version 0.8 but much of it could
apply to 0.9 it is located at http://gstreamer.xeris.cz/ Note that in
order to create the configure script, you must run autogen.sh. I was not
able to run it in Msys (MinGW). But the configure script can be
generated in cygwin.

	We have hired a (part-time) developer responsible for Windows port. his
contact is <gree at grees dot net>.

	Michal