[gst-devel] v4l2src problem ?

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Wed Aug 24 07:57:40 CEST 2005

Hi Berti,

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 16:36 +0200, berti wrote:
> $gst-launch-0.8 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! video/x-raw-rgb, bpp=24,
> red_mask=(int)255 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink

Why not just put an ffmpegcolorspace right after your v4l2src?

> Why does this error occur ? I thought v4l2src must be able to provide the
> format asked
> $gst-inspect-0.8 v4l2src

The caps that gst-inspect returns are the most generic caps. The caps
that your device supports will be a subset of these caps, known only at
runtime. Your device probably doesn't support the caps you're trying to
use.

> Moreover, is somebody able to link a v4l2src to the screen passing through
> "video/x-raw-rgb, bpp=24, red_mask=(int)255" format ?

I don't have a v4l2 device, sorry.

Cheers,
--
Andy Wingo