[gst-devel] v4l2src

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sun Aug 28 05:53:19 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 15:02 +0200, Yuri Noferini wrote:
> it there some know bugs around for v4l2src?
> i'm starting playing with my webcam (logitech quickcam zoom) and
> gstreamer with no luck.

I wrote v4l2src, but I lack webcams with v4l2 support, so I can't test
this. In general, v4l2src doesn't work for some people, but does for
others, apparently depending on hardware, drivers, kernel versions, pure
luck and magic dust.

I would need free time and access to hardware to be of any real help.
Using v4lsrc may be a good workaround for now, as Thomas suggested. It
shouldn't be hard to make v4l2src support any device out there, but
you'll have to do that yourself.

Ronald