[gst-devel] [decodebin 0.9] getting informations of a stream

Vincent Torri Vincent.Torri at iecn.u-nancy.fr
Mon Aug 29 02:44:08 CEST 2005

Hello,

With gstreamer 0.8, I have no problem to find the informations of a stream
that is managed by decodebin.

With gstreamer 0.9, Ronald told me that setting the pipeline to PAUSED
fill all the informations I need (size, framerate, length, etc...)

but when I set the pipeline to PAUSED, I only get all the new pads. To get
the informations, I have to set the pipeline to PLAYING and I need to look
at the "notify::caps" signal, as in gstreamer 0.8. Am I missing something,
or is it the only way to get these informations ?

thank you

Vincent Torri