[gst-devel] jpegdec segfaulting

Henry Gomersall whg21 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Dec 3 08:06:01 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 11:57 +0000, Tim Müller wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 10:17 +0000, Henry Gomersall wrote:
>
> > Below are links to 2 images taken on the same camera and resaved in the
> > Gimp to the same size, one that works and one that does not. The working
> > image has been manipulated somewhat before saving.
> >
> > http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~whg21/images/not_working.jpg
> > http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~whg21/images/working.jpg
>
> Both images work fine with jpegdec in GStreamer 0.10 (0.9.7).

I now get a segfault with both images using 0.9.7 and the following
command:
"gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/home/hen/Desktop/working.jpg !
jpegdec ! xvimagesink"

With the output as follows:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Segmentation fault

If I remove the final element (leaving the src of jpegdec floating) the
pipeline doesn't segfault, and exits fine but with the following error:

ERROR: from element /pipeline0/filesrc0: Internal data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(1032): gst_base_src_loop: /pipeline0/filesrc0:
streaming task paused, reason not-linked
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...

> I can reproduce the problem with 0.8 though. In 0.8 you'd want to
> specify the blocksize property on filesrc and set it to a very large
> value, so that filesrc delivers the entire .jpg file in one single
> buffer to jpegdec, as jpegdec in 0.8 can't do progressive loading from
> multiple buffers (while the one in 0.10 can). Doesn't fix the issue in
> this case, but I thought I'd point it out.

I have tried this in 0.10 just to be sure. Made no difference.

This is my first venture into gstreamer, and so I apologise if this is a
trivial problem, although I feel fairly sure it should not be
segfaulting ;)

Thanks

Henry