[gst-devel] GStreamer 0.10 in Gentoo

Henry Gomersall whg21 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Dec 4 09:00:01 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 16:43 +0000, Zaheer Merali wrote:
> I have put GStreamer 0.9.7 in Portage.  Currently there are no apps
> that take advantage of GStreamer 0.10 in portage.  I am in the midst
> of fixing some existing ebuilds in portage to only use 0.8 versions of
> gstreamer and gst-plugins.  This version of GStreamer is masked in
> package.mask.

I have been playing with gstreamer 0.9.7 under gentoo and have
experienced some problems with gst-plugins-jpeg.

So you know, the problem seems to be linking against the libjpeg-mmx
package. If I link against libjpeg, everything works properly. I am not
sure whether this is a gstreamer or a gentoo or a jpeg-mmx problem or
indeed if it is reproducible across machines.

Regards
hen