[gst-devel] using gstreamer to create movie from still images

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 11:32:01 CET 2005

Hi,

On 12/9/05, Henry Gomersall <whg21 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 18:48 +0100, Lukas Ruetz wrote:
> > I'm trying to do something similar and would be interested
> > too to get some hints how to do this. My first idea was also
> > to make an element that reads one image and creates a
> > stream out it for a certain time.
> >

> Apparently this can be done using gnonlin relatively easily. I'm not
> sure of the status as regards usability or gstreamer 0.10 compatibility.

  To be more specific, it currently works with video but:
  _ I still have to cleanup everything,
  _ update documentation,
  _ make exemples,
  _ make a release,
  _ and most important, make a gnonlin convenience element for static
frames (either picture of a frame from a video stream). This would be
the easiest way. Another way to do it would be to port the freeze
plugin and use a simple gnlsource...

  Edward

> hen

Edward Hervey